Our vision is to inspire, engage and entertain audiences of all ages through music of the highest quality performed with passion and professionalism.
Our objective is to provide a vibrant and ambitious programme of concerts through an annual festival with classical music at its core.
Our core principles are:
- To present world-class music in Northwest Shropshire
- To welcome music lovers regardless of age, race, gender or disability
- To enrich lives through the healing and nurturing qualities of music
- To provide a residency for the musicians, conducive to the creativity and chemistry required for music-making of the highest level
- To pay musicians at recognised professional rates
- To keep ticket prices as low as possible whilst ensuring the financial viability of the festival.
- To support community development through a variety of outreach engagements
- To support the development of young artists
- To support composers and new music
- To engage new, especially younger, audiences
In just a few years Whittington Music Festival has built a reputation as one of the best provincial festivals of its kind in the UK.
This annual event takes place over four days in mid-May in the tranquil village of Whittington, in NW Shropshire close to the Welsh border.
The Trustees are:
- Dr Robin Butler
- Hazel Davis
- Dr Rob Greaves
- Ria Hollis
- Michael Limbrey MBE
- Pam Parish
- Jane Stirling